Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday, November 19, 2015

SO SAD! Army Confirms Heavy Gun Battle With Boko Haram, Many Soldiers Missing


AlexReports has been trying to confirm the veracity of this story since morning. I hear the Nigerian Army authority has confirmed the report by PT on Boko Haram's attack on Nigeria's 157 Battalion that is attached to the Multi-National Joint Task Force stationed in Baga, Borno State.

Citing a reliable military source, it was reported early on Thursday that at least 105 soldiers including their commanding officer were feared missing after a deadly ambush attack by Boko Haram.
A military source said: "Gudunbali was attacked this morning and some weapons were captured from the battalion. Two officers and 105 soldiers are still missing."

The source further told Premium Times, "They captured a T-72 tank from the unit and some artillery weapons were also captured. The commanding Officer of the battalion is yet to be seen but no one has been confirmed dead yet."

We also reported that soldiers of the Multi-National Joint Task Force stationed at Baga, Borno State were also attacked in Geringiwa, about four kilometres away from the headquarters of MNJTF.

The spokesperson for the Nigeria Army, Sani Usman, a colonel, who had earlier said enquiries on the case should be directed to officials of the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri, called PT after the story was published to confirm the incident.

"I want to confirm the incidence at Gudunbali but the details you provided were not correct, and Baga has never been attacked," Mr. Usman said on telephone.

"The unit attacked is within the area of responsibility of the MNJTF and troops are now organising to counter the attack," he said.

He added that the Theatre Command of the 7 Division would provide the details of the attack during a press conference arranged for later on Thursday in Maiduguri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages